In honor of Mother's Day on May 9th, Sassind staffer Maggie shares a decadent recipe from Delicious, frequently made by her mum. For Maggie, the unconventional Persian pavlova will always be reminiscent of fun evenings spent in the kitchen, alongside her mum, Cath.
White Chocolate Glaze Ingredients
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease a 24cm springform cake pan with butter and line the base with baking paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, whisk the egg white on high speed until soft peaks form.
3. Gradually add sugar, 1 tbs at a time, whisking constantly until the mixture is firm and glossy.
4. Gently fold in the halva, dates, berries, almond meal, pistachios, almonds, chocolate chips and rosewater.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan.
6. Bake for 1 hour-1 hour 10 minutes until firm to the touch. Cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack.
7. To make the glaze, place the cream and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until melted. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool, stirring every 2 minutes to prevent lumps forming.
8. When ready to serve, remove the springform ring and spoon the glaze over the pavlova. Scatter over the extra chopped pistachios, and pomegranate seeds or rose petals, if using.
Try swapping white chocolate for dark chocolate.