Apple Crumble Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
2. Peel and core the apples, then quarter and chop into 3cm chunks.
3. Place in a saucepan on a medium heat with 100g of sugar and a few fine gratings of lemon zest.
4. Pop the lid on and cook for 5 minutes, or until the apples have softened. Remove the heat and leave to cool a little.
5. Meanwhile, cube the butter and place in a mixing bowl with the flour. Rub together with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs, then scrunch in the remaining sugar to add a little texture.
6. Transfer the apples to a 25cm x 30cm baking dish and sprinkle over the crumble topping.
7. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbling. Delicious served with vanilla custard.
Use rolled oats for a beautiful, golden topping and try orange zest in place of lemon.